Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas House Tour - Dining Room

Hello merry-making friends!  Are you enjoying the season?  I have been having such fun putting some holly-jolly touches all around and thought I'd share our dining room with you.  Here is our table centerpiece of candlesticks with handmade NOEL ornaments.  I hung a simple balsam wreath with white linen ribbon on our built-in cupboard in the background...



Another view of the room...

The white cupboard in the front corner has touches of blue, gray, glitter and greenery:



This lovely vintage-paper cross was handmade by the talented Beth, an owner of the Nesting store I visited recently.  I love it!  The beaded garland is from Curious Sofa:

This wreath and sprig also came from the Nesting trip:

One of our living room chairs ended up in here, so I simply put gift boxes on top.  The fabric corsage is from Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic Couture:

My favorite petite white table...

On top is a Tilda's World tree, with Mini Angels I made from a pattern in the "Tilda's Winter Ideas" book.  I'll share more about these angels later this week:

I also placed some miniature swan gift boxes I made under this tree: 

Another corner of the room holds a small green tree keeping company with my favorite feminine chair:

I found these paper mache stars in the Stampington website shop and glittered them:

These cones on the  mirror were made last year.  This one where I added an image of a Nicol Sayre doll I had admired is my favorite:

Lastly, the 'winter wonderland' side buffet:




This is the tree and gifts that were featured in the Autumn issue of Somerset Life.  I was so happy to have them returned for my decorating!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm enjoying visiting lots of your festive homes, too. 
Hope to see you at these parties:
Blissful White Wednesday
Jennifer Rizzo's virtual Holiday Housewalk Party

22 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow Susan, your dining room looks amazing! I love all the glitter and sparkles!!! I'm about to Pin crazy with your pics...I hope that's okay!!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

It's all so pretty I don't know what I like best. I do love the white cabinet and how you styled it. Love the color scheme!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am on inspiration overload--wow! I love those Noel candlesticks--and then the angel wings--I'm in love! Then those glittered stars--so pretty. Love it all!

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job decorating your pretty dinning room. It's like a winter wonderland!

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

So wonderful and dreamy ! I could'nt stop saying Oh and Ah !
xoxo from PARIS
Joëlle

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Hi Susan,

Your space looks SOOOO awesome. Loving your Noel candlesticks especially!

Hugs,
Judy

It's me said...

It all look so nice !!!...love what you did in your home...happy week love Ria...xxx...

Patti's Artful Design said...

Every vignette is so beautiful....just lovely eye candy:). Happy holidays:)!

Unknown said...

can you say "a feature in JDL?" ahhhhhh...oui...oui! tres, tres beau mon amie! (love the paper angle wings on the candleholder. adore the tilda tree!! ) ;)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations! Love all the white!
Visiting from Jen Rizzo...
Happy Holidays

chateau chic said...

Your dining room looks gorgeous! Love your pretty vignettes!
Mary Alice

Cassie Bustamante said...

how cute are the wings on the candlesticks!!! love that idea!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks so magical and I love the wings on the candlestick too!!

Robin Johnson said...

Susan I will never tire of looking at your gorgeous home, especially when it's all decked out for the holidays. I love everthing you've done and I adore the tiny tinsel wreath in your hutch.

Junk Fairy said...

I love, love all your Christmas decor.
It looks soooo
festive and Warm.


Merry Wishes,
Eloise

Faded Charm said...

So pretty with justthe right touches. I'm hoping to have a Home Tour linky party next week....hope you can join me:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Heather said...

Oh, it all looks just dreamy! I love the look of the silver against the white. Just perfection! And the little Tilda angels-- so pretty! You know, I was just looking at all the Tilda books online and she has a fairytale one coming out soon! It looks so sweet!

BECKY said...

Oh Susan! Your Christmas decor is absolutely enchanting! I love the trees in the jars, the ornaments atop the silver compote, the lovely glittered stars dangling on the angel wings, and my favorite thing is the delightful Tilda tree in the silver bowl! I love, love, love it!

But I love it all!! Thanks so much for sharing your loveliness at Blissful Whites Wednesday!! I am just starting to decorate and you have truly inspired me!!

Christmas joy to you!
Hugs,
Becky

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your dining room is so beautiful! I love all the sparkling grays and silvers with the whites in the room!

The Porcelain Rose said...

Susan,
Always something beautiful here!
Such lovely photos.
Because of you.... I have started to add touches of French blue to my decor. I've always decorated with pinks before. French blue has become one of my new favorite colors.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Warm wishes.... my friend.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

So many favorites, the wire tree, winged candlestick, dinning buffet, just beautiful!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love your angels, Mary, and your wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...